Goals of this working group
This working group plans
1) to review the design of the reference detector in the Conceptual
Design Report (DESY 1997-048/ECFA 1997-182), see also DESY 97-123E,
and the Technical Design Report (http://tesla.desy.de/tdr/)
especially in view of 5 x 10^34/(s cm^2) luminosity,
2) to invite reports on existing R&D programs,
3) to identify further R&D needed,
4) to consider modifications of the reference design in the light
of physics demands and/or new techniques, and
5) to look at alternative detector strategies (e.g., at NLC and JLC)
6) to exchange information with parallel working groups in Asia and America.
Anyone interested in or working on R&D which is of use for the LC detector
is kindly invited either
to join or to let us know,
and we shall
be happy to keep you informed of our activities. This includes not only
hardware prototyping but also for studies of detector or subdetector
General information about the ECFA/DESY study
Four working groups have been set up, covering:
- 1 Physics (Top, EW Gauge, SUSY, QCD, Higgs, Alternative), theory and experimental analysis,
assuming high (5 x 10^34 cm^-2s^-1) luminosity
- 2 Tools (generators and standard processes, detector simulation)
- 3 Detector Performance and R&D
- 4 Machine-experiment Interface
Eight workshops are planned, the first four of which are...
First workshop: Orsay, 5 - 7 April 1998
Summary of detector WG meeting at Orsay
Second workshop: Lund, 28 - 30 June 1998
Summary of detectpr WG meeting at Lund
Intermediate working group meeting: DESY, 5 - 6 October 1998
Summary of meeting at DESY, 5-6 Oct.1998
Third workshop: Frascati, 7 - 10 November 1998
Summary of WG meeting at Frascati.
Intermediate Det., Mach.-Det., Sim. WGs at DESY,
Jan. 11 - 12, 1999
Summary of the meeting at DESY, 11-12 Jan.1999
Intermediate Det., Mach.-Det., Sim. WGs at CERN,
Feb. 15 - 16, 1999
Fourth worskhop: Oxford, 20 - 23 March 1999.
Detector WG sessions at Oxford.
I would like to give a talk at the next meeting.